Click on the links below for direct connections:
- Current English course listings*
- Getting into courses with limited enrollment (e.g. seminars and creative writing). Online sign-ups for English Senior Seminar and Junior Colloquium sections is now over and the results posted in eBear. Sign-up sheets for Fall 2013 will be posted in mid-March.
- Last Minute Updates
- Open to First-year Students
* Because the pre-registration occurs before the end of the spring semester, there are occasions when the online catalog either does not accurately list all the information about a future course, or no longer displays the courses that are still going on. The instructor names and class room assignments in the catalog will always only reflect what is in the Columbia on-line Directory of Classes ("University Pencilbook") in the current semester for any given course number and may not match the course description for the fall.
To avoid confusion during these overlap periods, we try to add notes into the course descriptions themselves specifying the semester or year if the information for a course is going to be changing. We also post all the catalog information for the current year before the spring semester is over. You can find it under most recent year under our "Past Offerings" in the menu on the left.
page last updated 4/18/13
Right Column Copy
- Did you add an English course to your program & get a WARNING that mentions permission or sign up through the department? The course has restricted enrollment. You are NOT IN the class unless you comply.
- English Courses Requiring Special Sign-ups
- Registrar's List of Special Sign-up Procedures, including L-course instructions
The English Department welcomes Rachel Eisendrath, newest member of the department's fulltime faculty.