(For information on how to use or submit these forms, please visit our Forms & Procedures page or click on the "Instructions" link affiliated with a specific form.)
To apply for a Creative Writing Course:
- - new, updated form!
Deadline: 4pm a week before classes begin (August 30th for the fall 2016 semester). Writing samples with cover sheets should be submitted either to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Prof. Szell's mailbox in 417 Barnard Hall.
To Apply for a Writing Concentration:
This form is only to apply for the English major's writing concentration: students who are accepted still need to declare their writing concentration (see the Declaration of Writing Concentration Form lower on this page). For details on how and when to apply for this concentration, visit the Writing Concentration requirements page.
To Declare a Writing Concentration:
Students who submit this form must be English majors who have already applied and been declared eligible for the Writing Concentration. For details on how and when to apply for this concentration, visit the Writing Concentration requirements page.
To Apply for a Special Project / Independent Study:
Please note: all paperwork for Special Projects and Independent Study must be completed, signed, and turned in to the English Department Administrator by 4pm on the day BEFORE the last day of the final Program Filing Period for the semester (occuring in September for the fall semester and January for the spring semester).
- Used for extra work affiliated with a class, including a one-point add-on for Senior Projects for English majors with concentrations in Film, Theatre, or Writing.
To Obtain Credit for Summer Classes:
- Please consult the Registrar's website
Self-Audits for an English Major or Concentration:
New, updated forms!
Majors without concentrations should chart their progress using the English Major Self-Audit .
Concentrators should chart their progress using the relevant form from the following:
- American Literature Concentration Self-Audit
- Film Concentration Self-Audit
- Theatre Concentration Self-Audit
- Writing Concentration Self-Audit
- To receive occasional mailings about the Reading Series, join the mailing list online or by contacting us at email@example.com.
page last updated 4/25/16