- Tuesday, August 13, 2019 (11:59 pm): writing samples for spring creative writing courses are due. See this page of the website for writing sample guidelines and the application form for creative writing courses.
- Thursday, September 12, 2019 (3 pm): Independent Study or Senior Special Project forms must be completed, signed, and turned in to the English Department Office (not the Registrar).
- Friday, April 19, 2019 (11:59 pm): Applications for the creative writing concentration are due. See this page of the website for guidelines and the application form.
New and Not Recently Offered Courses:
- ENTH BC3136 Shakespeare in Performance—P. Denison
- ENGL BC3174 The Age of Johnson—J. Basker
- ENGL BC3192 Exile and Estrangement in Global Literature—H. Matar
- ENGL BC3223 New York in Ten Objects—J. Kassanoff
- ENGL BC3927 Senior Seminar: "a d—d mob of scribbling women": Nineteenth-century American Women Writers—L. Gordis
- ENGL BC3936 Senior Seminar: The Novel and Economic Justice—R. Hamilton
- The English Conference will not be offered in the fall 2019 semester. The next projected English Conference will be in spring 2020.
- ENGL BC3141 Major English Texts now requires an application. Apply here.
- A full list of fall 2019 courses requiring special enrollment procedures can be found here.
- By a unanimous vote of 16-0, the voting members of the English department passed a resolution allowing ENGL BC3101 The Writer's Process and ENGL BC3123 Rhetorical Choices: the Theory and Practice of Public Speaking to now count as electives for the English major.