- Tuesday, January 2, 2018: writing samples for spring creative writing courses are due. See this page of the website for writing sample guidelines and the application form for creative writing courses.
- Thursday, January 25, 2018 (3 pm): Independent Study or Senior Special Project forms must be completed, signed, and turned in to the English Department Office (not the Registrar).
- Friday, April 20, 2018: Applications for Creative Writing concentrations are due. Click here to go to the application form.
NEW AND NOT RECENTLY OFFERED COURSES:
- AFEN BC3253: Before "Black Lives Matter": Reading Insurrection on Trial—Y. Christiansë , R 2:10-4
- ENGL BC3095: The English Conference—Visiting Scholar Kristin Sánchez Carter (San Diego Mesa College), TR 4:10-6 on February 6, 8, 13, and 15.
- ENGL BC3150: Invention, Revision, and Imagination—J. Boylan, T 4:10-6 (Requires a writing sample to apply)
- CLEN GU4015: Vernacular Paleography—C. Baswell, TR 10:10-12 (This course is open to undergraduate and graduate students)
- CLEN GU4822: The 19th-Century European Novel—M. Jaanus, TR 11:40-12:55 (This course is open to undergraduate and graduate students)
- A full list of spring 2018 courses requiring special enrollment procedures can be found here.
- ENGL BC3163: Shakespeare I is capped at 60 students (and will not be an open course as previously listed).
- ENGL BC3916: Sr. Sem.: Gender, Sexuality, and the American Stage will now be offered W 2:10-4 (not be R 11-12:50 as previously listed).