- Monday, August 21, 2017: writing samples for fall 2017 creative writing courses are due. Please fill out the Google Form to apply to a creative writing course. (Please note: if you are a Columbia student, please use this form instead.)
- Thursday, September 14, 2017 (4 pm): Independent Study or Senior Special Project forms must be completed, signed, and turned in to the English Department Office (not the Registrar).
NEW AND NOT RECENTLY OFFERED COURSES:
- ENGL BC3094: The English Conference—Visiting Scholar Marisa Parham (Professor of English at Amherst College), M 4:10-6 on October 16, 23, 30, and November 13.
- ENTH BC3171: The Novel and Psychoanalysis—M. Jaanus, W 2:10-4
- ENGL BC3117: Fiction writing will now be offered Mondays 11-12:50 (not on Thursdays as previously posted).
- ENGL BC3192: Exile and Estrangement in Global Literature will now be offered Mondays 4:10-6 (not on Thursdays as previously posted).
- Senior seminars are NO LONGER be run by lottery. Instead, a modified L course sign up process is used. Read more about it here.
- A full list of fall 2017 courses requiring special enrollment procedures can be found here.
page last updated 4/17/17
Right Column Copy
Get a WARNING when you added an English course to your program? "Permission required" or "sign up through the department" mean the course has restricted enrollment. You are NOT in the class unless you have complied with the restricted enrollment instructions. Please also see the Registrar's List of Special Sign-Up Procedures, including L course instructions.
English Main Menu
- About Us
- Courses in English Department
- Events & Readings
- Faculty Directory & Office Hours
- Forms and Procedures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Major Requirements
- Opportunities for Students
- Quick Links
- Women Poets at Barnard