Spring 2020 Deadline Reminders and Course Updates
- Sunday, January 5, 2020, 11:59 pm
Writing samples for all spring creative writing courses are due. Submit your writing sample via the Writing Sample Application Form for Barnard Creative Writing Courses.
- Thursday, January 30, 2020, 3:00 pm
- Creative writing concentrators who are writing their senior project must contact Nia Judelson in order to get permission to register for ENGL BC3996 Creative Writing Special Project.
- All other Special Project and Independent Study application forms must be completed, signed, and turned in Sarah Pasadino in the English Department Office (not the Office of the Registrar).
- Sunday, February 16, 2020, 11:59 pm
Entries for 2020 student prizes sponsored by the English Department are due. Submit your entries via the Barnard English Department Student Prizes Submission Form.
- Friday, April 24, 2020, 11:59 pm
Applications to apply to the creative writing concentration are due. Interested English majors must be second semester juniors in spring 2020 to apply. Applications must consist of 15-20 pages of prose (including fiction, personal narrative, creative non-fiction or playwriting) and/or poetry writing. Submit your application via the Creative Writing Concentration Application Form.
- AFEN BC3816 The Worlds of Ntozake Shange and Digital Storytelling II has been canceled for spring 2020.
- The full list of spring 2020 courses requiring special enrollment procedures is now live.
- In spring 2020, the English Department will be giving its first 1000-level literature course, ENGL BC1982 American Fiction. First-year students are particularly welcome in this course.